Thursday, February 16, 2012

23 weeks

I am now on the edge of viability, but he has to stay tucked inside my belly for a much longer time.
Don't want to jinx anything - but everything seems to be going well so far.   I had little red bumps on my belly for a week and was worried that it might be the beginning of this horrible rash that 1% of pregnant women get called PUPPS http://whatispupps.com/PUPPSpictures.php  But thank god, it went away today.
Not too much to tell.  I've been working a bunch at my husband's law office.  Learning quickbooks, so I can keep up with the book-keeping.  I never actually balance my checkbook, so this is a new thing for me!

We had painters paint the nursery today and it looks so great!  Wickham Gray by Benjamin Moore - very light, warm soft gray.  I'll post some pics once I get some furniture in it.  My Land of Nod dresser should be arriving soon.  It is on a truck between here and Austin, Texas.  Apparantly, their driver does a big Southern loop and will call me when he gets close by and will deliver the dresser to the room of my choice and it will be fully assembled!  I am so excited about the fully assembled part, because my husband and I tend to get in fights when we try to put stuff together.  

My favorite part of the day is when I settle down at night to read and Baby W starts doing gymnastics.  He is getting stronger and bigger.  I have gained 6 lbs in the last 3 weeks.  Food tastes so good to me now.  I am craving everything!

I have been reading a memoir written by a California midwife called Babycatcher.   I wish I could have a midwife and a waterbirth at a birthing center, but there is no such thing in Mississippi.
My friend from Colorado who is really into holistic medicine told me I should go to the Farm to my baby, a commune in Hohenwald, TN about 4 hours from here.  I definitely don't want to drive that far!  I have an appt with a doula next week.  My husband might not be the ideal childbirth coach.  He gets very anxious when I am sick or in pain.  He will probably happy to have someone else support me during labor and delivery.  I know I'm getting ahead of myself thinking about my birth plan, but it is all so interesting to me.  This incredible physcial feat of childbirth.  

I have been thinking about so many bloggers I follow that are either PUPO, newly pregnant or cycling right now and it is so exciting to read all the mostly positive updates that are coming in daily.  I found this blog post today and I thought I'd post the link, because I don't want to forget my roots and what we're all going through or have been through to get to this point.
http://gritandpatience.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/insulate-ignore-protect-and-proceed-how-ive-gotten-through-ivf-with-my-sanity-mostly-intact/

10 comments:

  1. So happy for you! Can't wait to see pics of the nursery. It's never too early to begin thinking about a birth plan...but things don't always go as planned, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting times! Can't wait to see nursery pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you're at 23 weeks! You're going to have that little one in your arms before you know it! Thanks for continuing to think of us gals still in the trenches...it means a lot. And do post those nursery pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like everything is going really well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad everything is going well! Can't wait to see the nursery! And I don't think it's too early to be thinking about the birth...good to be prepared! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! 23 weeks! I can't believe it's going by so fast. I'm so glad that things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Google can make you think the funniest things! 23w rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay on 23 weeks, on no PUPPs and the nursery coming together! and double-yay on the movement -- i can't wait for that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 23 weeks! It's fun to have someone within a day or so of me :) I think PUPPS usually rears it's ugly head towards the end of the pregnancy. Sure glad you don't have it, from what I hear it's pretty awful! Good luck with the furniture assembly! I look forward to seeing pics of the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad your pregnancy's going well! I have a doula too - for the same reasons you mention. She's wonderful! I don't have family in town so I think of her as my adopted mom for my delivery. :)

    ReplyDelete