Thursday, April 12, 2012

31 weeks!

Where does the time go? - My little ticker says my baby is 4 lbs!  He's definitely a little mover and groover-  I can really feel how long he is getting.
My weight has been holding steady for the last month at +20 lbs.   I don't know why I have stopped gaining, since I am still eating alot, well, maybe a little less since I am getting fuller faster.  I think the baby is just taking from me now.  My next OB appt is next Thursday, so it will be interesting to see how much he's grown in the last 2 weeks.  Still lots of Braxton Hicks especially when I am sitting on the couch at night.   I need to keep track of them.  My OB said if 6 or more an hour I need to call her office.  Getting a good night's sleep is getting a little harder.  I feel like I toss and turn more and am getting up 2 times a night to go to the bathroom.  I suppose it's all to prepare me for sleepless nights in the the months ahead.

My nursery is pretty much done - got my curtains hung this week.  I need to post some pics.   My arm's reach mini-cosleeper is coming in this week, so I am curious to see how that works out.

In other news, today is our 4 year wedding anniversary.  This morning, my husband cradled his hands over my belly and felt Baby W moving all around.  Such a peaceful, sweet way to start our anniversary day, considering 3 years of our marriage have revolved around trying to make this happen :)
I think we might go see the Hunger Games tonight, since we haven't been to the movies in eons.

We are still on the fence regarding circumcision.  Oh my god, y'all, I watched a youtube video of it last night before going to bed and it was pretty horrific.  I had a nightmare about circumcision last night.  I guess we are lucky to be in a position to have to make a decision over this, but it's a hard one for me.  I can see the pros and cons of each side, but I am leaning towards not doing it, because it just seems barbaric.  The reason my husband wants to do it is, so that our son won't feel different from his peers.  I would like for my son to be able to make his own decision regarding his body, but I know that it's alot more to go through to get circumcised when you are older.  Kind of like how tonsil surgery is harder as an adult, which my husband will be having in a couple of weeks.  He is going to get his tonsils and adenoids removed and his sinuses straightened out.   He's been putting it off for years and we figure we might as well do it before the baby gets here and while we have COBRA.   I hope this baby stays put until at least 37 weeks.

So my replacement at my husband's law office is trained - yay!  Hence my leisurely morning of blogging. Although I feel like I have a million and one things to tend to.  #1 on this list is getting the baby shower thank you notes done.  Gotta do it.

That's all the news for this week.  Hope all of you are doing well and enjoying the unseasonably warm spring weather we are having.


6 comments:

  1. Regarding the circumcision, I think your son may have more peers who are uncircumcised than in your husband's day. It seems it's a new trend to not circumcise automatically just because everyone else does it but to actually sit down and make a decision about it, much like you guys are doing. I have tons of friends who have baby boys and most decided against circumcision. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. circumcision is such a terrifically hard decision. we have decided but still both feel uneasy about either of our options. just make the decision that lets you feel the most at peace : )

    happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 31 weeks - wow! You're getting so close. You need to post a belly pic ASAP - dying to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did the time go? Seems like you just announced your BFP yesterday (well, maybe not to you, but to us). Yay for getting the nursery done! Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to look in to circumcision. I did talk to my husband about it and I told him I would probably cry the entire time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary & 31 weeks! Sleep is sketchy for me too. Good luck with the circ decision. It's definitely a personal decision. I'm glad the nursery is all set. Looking forward to seeing pics of the final product!

    ReplyDelete