Thursday, October 4, 2012

Amost 4 months old!

Whew!  Just got Winn down for the night.  Earlier than usual, so that's always nice.   He's a night owl like his daddy.  I can't believe we've come full circle from where we were last year sitting on pins and needles waiting for a positive beta. And it was 4 years ago, when Obama was running against McCain that we first started trying.  It took 4 years for Winn to get here and I am so thankful to finally have him in my arms.

Winn is growing up so fast!  Tonight he grabbed a fistful of rice off my dinner plate.  He is smiling and laughing and squealing.  It's funny when his crying turns into laughter.   He's generally an easy-going baby, but likes to be held alot.  He's finally warmed up to Sela, our golden retriever.  She actually provides lots of entertainment.

 Still has alot of reflux and I cut dairy out this week to see if it helps.  Also cut out sugars because I got thrush (yeast infection on the nipples), so I think I am finally going to lose the last of the baby weight.

We spent 10 days down at the beach in Gulf Shores.  It was lovely to get away and have such a beautiful change of scenery.  The weather was just perfect.  The monarch butterflies were starting to migrate.  We saw lots of Great Blue Herons, sandpipers, pelicans and dolphins.  We got Winn in the ocean which he tolerated.  Lots of walks on the beaches at sunset and one morning I drug myself out of bed to catch the sunrise.

Just got interrupted by Winn crying out - he's awake - this sleep shit is hard to figure out (for both of us)!  I've gone back to using the swing for long naps during the day and then sometimes at night especially in the wee hours of the early morning when he is sleeping more lightly.  I've stopped co-sleeping in the morning since we got home from the beach because I found that he was having more reflux and also I was not sleeping well due to his fidgeting and my worries that the cover was going to aphyxiate him somehow.   Still rocking out the rock n play. What would I do with that thing?   So no crib sleeping yet.

So breastfeeding is still somewhat challenging.   I almost had mastitis again, but was able to head it off with constant nursing.  I noticed last week that my nipples were sore again, but the lanolin wasn't helping restore them.   I've always been prone to yeast infections, so I'm not surprised that I developed thrush.  I took diflucan and it seems to nipped it in the bud.  lots and lots of different remedies out there.

So the postpartum hairloss is no joke.  Fistful of hair comes out in the shower.

I'm settling into more of a routine and embracing my new role as a mother.   never thought i woyuld be a stay at home mom .  it is harder than  i thought it would be, but it is such a privilege to spend my whole day (and night) with Winn.

I'll leave you with some recent pics -

Dammit - he is just woke up again - arggh-  could he be teething already - he is drooling like a madman and chomping on his fists all night.


















8 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you and hoping for an update soon! I love Winn and his peach fuzz. He is really chunking up - you're doing such a good job feeding him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lulu - he is a chunk! and his hair is awesome - stands straight up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...he is such a cutie! I hope you get that sleep business figured out soon - must be tough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 months! Can't believe how fast time is flying by! He is such a cutie, and is looks like he is thriving under your care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! He is absolutely adorable and his little face has the greatest expressions. I can just imagine what he's thinking!

    I hear you regarding sleep...it's been difficult for us, too. Hopefully, the little guy will figure out that sleep is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! So lucky to be near a beach. Yes, two things have come back that I haven't missed either. Hair loss and period. About the sleep....have patience....he's still too you to sleep train and it may not be necessary. They can figure it out on their own sometimes. Nap and bed time routines are key. Their signals for being tired change as they get older or something to watch for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a nice holiday! I just got a hat for Nicky and its so big! But he will grow...
    I also have drooling and fist eating. I seriously don't know why they do that...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear ya on the sleep thing, he is still sleeping in the pack n play in our room no crib yet either.

    ReplyDelete