Thursday, May 26, 2011


Yes - it appears that IUI #4 was a failure, but we have a plan now.  We met with Dr. G at Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine and he recommended that we go ahead and plan for IVF.  So we are going to back to Denver in June for the 1-day work-up and then we will set a date for IVF hopefully for July.  We have alot of confidence in CCRM and our doctor, so I know we are making the right choice about spending the extra money.
It's been a crazy day.  I think I am having some major PMS because my head felt like it was going to explode a couple of times today.  I am having to cancel alot of social obligations, like weddings and bachelorette weekends due to fertility and it stresses me out!  Don't ever buy a plane ticket from Travelocity if there is a small chance you might not be able to use it.  Their cancellation policy is brutal.
The only thing that really frightens me about IVF is the twin factor.  I am scared of the risk of carrying twins.  Is this irrational?  My mom is delighted about the prospect of twins and thinks that I am being so negative and that I can't go into this with my current thinking.  I wonder if anyone else really struggled with this?
Anyway, things are moving right along, so I am relieved to finally be getting off the IUI train.


  1. I'm so sorry about your BFN, but I think you're making the right decision in going to CCRM (especially for your first IVF). I wish I had gone there sooner and not waited until my third IVF. The staff and the doctors are all great! Wishing you lots and lots of luck!

  2. Hi Toroise, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I just wanted to answer some of your questions...

    I chose to wait until later because I had originally planned to do CCS but because I had so few embryos make it to blast, I couldn't swallow paying $7k to test so few blasts. And since I had been planning to do the CCS, I had already left Colorado the day after my retrieval.

    Also, Dr. Surrey mentioned that a few studies had shown that some women do better with a FET because all the stim meds are out of your system. It's also so much less stressful...I really just wanted to go home after the retrievals and after having been gone for nearly 2 weeks.