Thursday, November 3, 2011

8 weeks!

Finally, today I am 8 weeks.  We had our second ultrasound today and it was abdominal (no dildo cam) and the baby is measuring on track and the heartbeat (which we heard!) was 149 bpm.  The baby looked much fuzzier on this abdominal ultrasound, but the heartbeat was so clear and strong!  I can't believe such a little peanut can make such a loud noise.  It was truly amazing and I am so relieved that s/he is still going strong.

Yesterday, I had a good day, not feeling so nauseous and tired.  I actually took a long walk which is the first bit of real exercise I have had in a couple of months.  Today, I'm tired because we had to get up early and get my labs done in Tupelo before the u/s.  Hopefully, they will fax results to CCRM this time!  I am still on 3 prometrium suppositories and 3 vivelle E2 patches.  I will be happy to do away with the midday progesterone suppository.

My next appt is 2 weeks from today.  I can't wait to start showing, which probably won't be until at least 12 weeks.  I don't think it will feel real until I get a little bump.

In other news, things are really getting heated up around here over Initiative 26 (Personhood Initiative).  Our governor, Haley Barbour, said he had some concerns over "ambiguous" language in the bill, but says he is undecided on which way he will vote.  At least he is not backing it 100%.  I'll keep everyone posted on what happens next week with this.

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on 8 weeks and a great ultrasound! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 8 weeks and an amazing ultrasound! I have seen on CNN how crazy things are over there in MS regarding the Initiative 26. To me the vote is a no brainer. I sure hope it doesn't pass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things sound like they are progressing great! Congrats and keep us posted on how you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a great ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great everything is moving forward so well! You remind me so much of myself 2 months ago. We are exactly 9 weeks and a day apart. I couldn't wait to show either. And JUST recently I am finally convinced that I don't look like I just ate too much. Enjoy every second!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound so happy! It's almost like we're right there listening to the HB with you - thanks for the details! Enjoy getting in that last bit of exercise now - soon you may not feel up to it. Your baby bump will be here soon - mine came around 14 weeks. Keep growing, little tortise! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 8 weeks!!! So glad you and your baby are doing well!!!
    Just saw a news story on CNN about this personhood bill. So scary and sad that this may become law in your state. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Turtle Mama! What a great scan...everything seems like it's going just swimmingly. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete