Saturday, December 31, 2011

Quickening

I am now 16 weeks and I have been feeling the baby moving around over the last couple of days.  It is so cool!  It feels like a little fish or frog swimming around in my lower pelvis.  It's not strong, but I know it's nothing I've ever felt in my body before.

Monitoring movement has given me something to do while I'm quarantined in the bed with my head on an icepack.  My headaches have come back with a vengeance over the last couple of weeks.  I don't know if it is the increasing blood volume and my blood vessels dilating or what, but it's been a headache almost everyday lately.  Nosebleeds are more under control though.
I bought my first belly band yesterday, because my pants are getting pretty tight and unfortable in the waist.  And my appetite has gone way up.  I need to eat something every 3 hours.  I don't think weight gain is going to be a problem, now that I past the first trimester.

Yay for the new year!  I am very excited to but 2011 to bed.  Time to roll out the New Years Resolutions.  Last year, I resolved to mediate 30 min/day.  That lasted about 2 days.  This year, it is going to be to start waking up early (7am) and going to bed around 10pm.  I want to spend less time surfing the net and more time walking my dog.  I love reading blogs, but I have to say it's become a bit of a bad habit in that I am not attending to things that need to get done around the house.  So maybe limit my internet time to 30 minutes a day.  We'll see!

I am almost to to my quota, so I will sign off!  Happy New year to all of you and may the New Year bring you much peace and happiness!


8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too! Hope the headaches ease up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 16 weeks and feeling the baby. I am sure that is the most amazing thing ever! I can't wait to start walking and doing some typeof exercising again! Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay on the quickening! Hope the headaches dissipate! Wow on your appetite going way up. Mine is already out of control -- I'm def. worried about too much weight gain (I gained 40 and I orig. weighed low 100s w/ DS).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your headaches go away. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! So sorry about the headaches...hope they get better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Turtlemama, just back from India. Congrats on making it to 16 weeks and feeling the baby - that must be so cool. I hope your headaches and nosebleeds go away soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year!!!
    That is very exciting that you can feel the baby moving! I love that feeling.
    So sorry about the headaches!!! I hope those go away soon. Have you talked to your OB about them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure if I am feeling movement yet or not! I have had wicked headaches for the last couple of weeks. My OB said it's common to have headaches in the beginning of the 2nd tri, but it should get better with the next month. I hope it's true for the both of us! Cause Tylenol is pretty worthless!

    ReplyDelete