Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Happy 9 months!

Has it really been 9 months?  These 9 months have gone by so much faster than the previous nine months.  I am having a hard time keeping track of the days now.  Winn is a busy little bee these days - crawling so much that his knees and tops of his feet are black and blue.  He has started throwing little fits too, protesting the stroller and carseat and really fighting me on going down in his crib.  I think he is going to be a headstrong little guy.   But it is so much fun to watch him move around and explore every nook and cranny of my house.  I'm babyproofing as we go.  Today I realized that my 3 house plants are all highly toxic, so I will have to find a new home for them :(

Winn loves to eat!   He puts everything in his mouth.  I've caught him standing up in the kitchen with the cabinet knob in this mouth.  Still no teeth, but I can see the top ones behind his gums.

Life is good now.  Weather is warming up and the days are longer.   I'm not gonna lie - this past winter was tough for me.  Having a baby has been wonderful, but it's been more of an adjustment than I expected and also been hard on my relationship with my husband in ways I did not expect.

We took our first plane ride to Savannah, GA to visit my sister's family and had a great time.  My sister is due in July and I have a cousin due in August.  Both boys.  I'm glad that Winn will have some cousins around his age.

We got our embryo storage bill yesterday.   We're thinking it will be next spring before we go back for round 2.  I need a breather and it will be good to have some time to chill before we jump back into shots and hormones.

Even though I've been a bad blogger - I still follow along with everyone.  We are all being swept along in the everflowing current of this turbulent beautiful river called Life.   thank you for sharing your stories with me-




In Savannah Bee Company - Sela, our golden retriever, claimed this bee when we got home.







In Forsyth park, about to put a cigarette butt in his mouth! 



the fountain was dyed green for St Paddy's day :) 

9 comments:

  1. Ahh, Winn is getting so big! I'm in disbelief it's been 9 months too! I'm glad you are getting a little break before round 2. If I was younger, I would wait longer for sure. If it makes you feel any better, I bickered/fought with DH a lot the first 6 mos after C came along. It's getting better. I'm just learning I have to ask (tell) him the things I need for him to do for me and the baby. It's hard doing it all! I'm so glad you updated, I'm just as bad of a blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Nine Months, Winn! You are a handsome little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! It seemed like I waited forever for Olivia to smile and interact with me (8-12w)...and now everything is flying by :) She does new things each week! Winn is adorable! My husband and I have also gone through some adjustments - I have no idea how people do this without a solid marriage. It has been tough for us at times and we were married 10yrs when she was born!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...nine months already! Crazy. He is such a cute little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where does the time go?! Wow, he has so much hair, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Iveta - I did read Brain Rules! I need to re-read :) Things are a little better now that Winn is sleeping a little longer and I am now co-sleeping with my husband again:)

      Delete
  7. Too cute! Love your baby carrier!
    I have moved to onestepatatime.co.za my blog kept getting hacked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, Winn becomes so large! Now i'm throughout disbelief it's been 9 months as well! I am delighted you get a bit break just before circular Two. Only has been younger, I might hold out extended for certain. If it allows you to feel any better, I bickered/fought together with DH a whole lot the 1st Some mos right after Chemical arrived.
    Billig WOW Gold Kaufen
    Rs To Gold

    ReplyDelete