Can't believe that I am at this point! Earlier in this pregnancy, I was worried about a preterm delivery because of frequent Braxton Hicks, but now I realize I might go past my due date and have to be induced. My doctor said that we will probably induce at 41 weeks if I make it that far along. I don't feel that baby is in any hurry to come out. I really want to go the natural birth route and I know that being induced makes it harder to do that because pitocin increases the contraction pain. I guess we will cross that bridge when we get there.
I've been walking alot, swimming, gardening, and doing yoga. My feet hurt when I first get out of bed, because I spend so much time on them during the day. I actually feel like I have more energy now, probably because I am not so anemic. Sleep has been good lately, although having to get up to pee alot more. Laying on my left side is getting tiresome. I feel like baby is slowing down on his movement a bit - he's running out of room! As far as I can tell he is still head down.
My bags are pretty much packed. I have a labor bag, postpartum bag and diaper bag packed with baby's things. I also have a big laundry basket with my yoga blankets, mat, blocks, birthing ball and extra pillows. I downloaded "Birthing from Within" on my kindle the other day. It says to hold an ice-cube in your had for 60 seconds in order to prepare yourself for the pain of childbirth. I couldn't last more than 10 seconds! However, contractions are pain with a purpose, so I think it makes it a little different than any other pain I have had to endure. Still having frequent Braxton Hicks, but nothing painful at all.
We have a name picked out. We delayed in revealing it to my in-laws because my husband is the "third" and we knew they wanted a "IV". We decided not to go that route and we knew they would be disappointed. We had some drama for about a week and then thankfully, they seem to have accepted it. My husband and son will actually still have the same initals and the name is still family names, but incorporates both sides of the family.
One of my good friends is giving birth today. She has been in the hospital being monitored for pre-eclampsia and HELP syndrome for the last 12 days and her doctor decided it was time for her baby to come out. She is 36 weeks, so hopefully they can avoid the NICU. She started cervadil last night and this morning she will start pitocin. I really hope everything goes smoothly for her - she's been through alot lately. She also conceived this baby via IVF, so we've been travelling down this road together the last 9 months.
Jay at Stuck in a Baby Drought is delivering via induction today too. So excited for her!