Monday, June 11, 2012

Still on the inside

      Only 3 days until my due date, and Baby W is still happily in my belly with no signs of labor impending.   When I saw my OB last Thursday, she stripped my membrane (which I don't recommend at 39 weeks!).  I was barely a fingertip dilated, so used a speculum and a swab to force through my cervix and remove some of the mucus plug (TMI, I know!).   She said she had done this on a woman a couple of days before and she had her baby within 48 hours.  No such luck for me.  It was an uncomfortable procedure and for the next day, my bladder was really irritated, felt like I was getting a UTI.   I don't think I will go for that again unless my cervix is really looking ripe.  The membrane sweep got my braxton hicks going good, but after 48 hours, everything just went back to normal.

    Yesterday, I did 2 hours of squatting and weeding in the community garden (was sore today!), went on a walk and went to prental yoga.  Doing everything I can to bring this baby down.   My mom and sister were in town, so they were hoping I would go into labor this weekend.  My next appt is Friday, so it will be interesting to see if I have made any progress.  My doctor says she will probably induce me at 41 weeks.  I want to avoid induction, so just praying that he decides to come out before then!


11 comments:

  1. Ugh, that sounds like a horrible horrible procedure!!! I don't ever want anything forced through my cervix ever again after my HSG, yuck!

    Good luck getting baby going, I recommend acupressure as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 DAYS! How exciting! I really hope that the little guy decides to come out on his own. Inductions are no fun.

    I'm sorry the membrane sweep was so uncomfortable. I've heard that from several people...It sort of sucks that you had to go through that and he still decided to stay. That little guy is just too comfortable in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it's getting really hard to be patient! I'm so excited for you though : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, cannot believe the big day is almost here. WHY did you have to do the membrane sweep?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Pork Chop - I think doctors just want to get the show on the road. It all happened so fast and seemed like a good idea at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting. He's almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet that membrane stripping hurt! I hope baby
    makes his appearance soon! Glad you are getting
    a lot of exercise in. It will definitely help with labor!
    So excited that it's almost time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oof, that membrane stripping thing sounds painful! I really hope that it helps get the little guy going. I admire you for exercising the way you have - you are inspiring me to get off my big butt. I can't believe we're going to see your little one so soon - it's been such a long journey and you've been with me every step of the way! I am so excited for you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to know about that sweep I have never heard of that. Hopefully he decides to come soon! Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sweep does sound painful, but I hope it got things moving for you guys! Can't wait to read the next update :D

    ReplyDelete