Sunday, June 17, 2012

Buying more time

Thanks for all the helpful feedback!  I called my doctor today (she was on call at the hospital this weekend) and told her that I was a little concerned about inducing so soon and told her I wanted to try stripping the membranes again to see if that would get labor going for me.  She said that was perfectly reasonable and didn't seem to be concerned at all about waiting another week before inducing.  I was so relieved that she is willing to wait a few more days.  Stripping the membranes is uncomfortable, but definitely preferable to other methods of induction.

So going in tomorrow morning for that and then an u/s on Wed to check on baby and make induction plans if he still hasn't decided to come.  Whew!  Tues was just coming up too fast for me.  I feel much more relaxed now knowing I have a little more time for my body to prepare.

7 comments:

  1. Peace of mind is key when preparing for your little one's arrival. Mommy knows best applies even now. Good luck! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did the right thing! I hope the little guy comes soon. I'll be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, I'm glad your doctor agreed. Now c'mon little one, time to come out of there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope that baby W decides to make his appearance soon!

    ReplyDelete