Had my phone consult with Dr. Gustofsen today. I don't know why, but I was nervous before it and it's just a damn telephone call. The first order of business is to decide how many embryos to transfer. He said he would be fine with either 1 or 2. So now we have the dilemma of 1 or 2. Dr. G. said it's basically up to us and was not trying to sway one way of the other. My husband brought up the point that we do not have access to cutting edge healthcare in Mississippi and if we had twins and they ended up in the NICU here in MS it would not be ideal. He thought that was a valid reason to transfer 1.
Before this phonecall, I had resigned myself to transferring 2, but now that Dr. G said he would be fine with 1, I am back to square 1 with this decision. There is the issue of chomosomal testing. We did not do this, because no one recommended it to us, but now since we are considering going the SET route, I would like to do it because it will increase our chances. During a regular FET, do they thaw the embryo out 1 at a time or do they thaw them all out and pick the best one that is thawed? I emailed Dr. G. that question, but some of you may know. If they thaw them all out anyway, I would want to do the genetic testing.
I feel pressure to do 2 to make sure it works, but on the other hand, I really want a healthy, uncomplicated pregnancy. If I lived in Denver, the answer would be easier. I would do SET. Y'all - I just hate these kind of decisions, because I go back and forth between the pros and cons and it makes me crazy!
I think I may just let my husband take responsibility for this decision.