Thursday, October 13, 2011

5w0d

Whew, made it through one week.  I went to Tupelo this morning and got my progesterone and estrogen blood levels drawn.  The CCRM nurse let me know that they good and just continue doing what I am doing.

After we left the hospital lab, I called my sister-in-law to ask who her OB was and we happened to be riding past the office, so we decided to go in and make an appt.  So my first u/s will be on Tues, Oct 25 at 1:15 pm.  Yay!  Hopefully my insurance will cover this early ultrasound.  My SIL said she loved her OB and that she was the type of person you would want to hang out with.  I actually saw her walking down the hall and she was smiling and had a cute haircut, so I think that's a good sign.

No big-time pregnancy symptoms, except very slight tugging senstations in my lower pelvic region.  My appetite has been good so far.   Sense of smell is heightened.  I can smell everything!  Boobs are sore, but they have been that way since I started all the hormones.  Don't know if I have gained any weight, but I feel like I am losing muscle tone since I have not exercised in earnest in a month.  I have done absolutely no exercise since the transfer and this is probably the longest time in my life that I have not exercised.  It's kind of nice to have a break, but my sleep has really been affected by the lack of exercise.  I have had insomnia every night this week and can't fall asleep until about 2 am.  I finished reading One Day in 2 days due to insomnia.

Right now, I am working with my husband at his law practice (yep my dietetic career went down the toilet this past year because of infertility), so I don't have a set time I have to be at work.  It's great that I can sleep late, but I do not like being a night owl.  I am thinking the hormones may have something to do with my insomnia.  Did anyone else have this problem?

I am still terrified of the first ultrasound, but am trying to act "as if."  I think if I hadn't had a blighted ovum before, it would not even be in my mind to worry about the u/s.  I miss being naive.  I feel like if it was an embryo that would turn into a blighted ovum, it would not have made it to Day 5.  And CCRM really does have amazingly high live birth rates, so I am taking refuge in that right now.

My town is getting ready to turn into a madhouse this weekend due to SEC Football.  Alabama vs. Ole Miss.   I am not that into football but it is fun to go out to the Grove to see people.  Lots of drunkedness and college sorority girls in very short skirts and very high heels. My brother has been known to wear his kilt.
It will be a good distraction! Hotty Toddy!  Have a great weekend!





8 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is going great. I can't wait to hear how your ultrasound goes. I think it's natural to be scared after everything you've been through, but I'm sure everything will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for your first ultrasound! You had such strong betas that it feels like everything should be fine, but I can totally understand your nervousness. I'd be a wreck I'm sure! I just hope the time passes quickly - the waiting is the worst part! Just 10 more days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for 5 weeks! I have not experienced the insomnia, other than a few nights of waking up in the middle of the night with anxiety and not being able to fall back asleep.

    I have never had a blighted ovum/miscarriage, and I'm terrified every day. I think infertility in general makes it hard to enjoy early pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Sounds like all is going well!

    I had the insomnia, too, and I do think it was from a combination of lack of exercise and underlying stress probably from anxiety associated with the pregnancy. It's gotten a bit better just because now I'm exhausted.

    Hopefully, things will get better for you, too. I haven't gotten back into the swing of exercising because of the nausea -- I really miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had insomnia early in my pregnancy too but it went away for the most part after a few weeks (can't remember exactly...maybe 3 or 4?) Sorry you are having fear about everything being OK on the U/S. Chances are, so , so good that everything is fine!
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All sounds great so far (except the insomnia)! Hoping for an excellent first ultrasound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are a couple of days apart & all of my symptoms are the same including the insomnia! Best of luck on your first ultrasound! I am dying waiting for mine this coming Friday! Praying we both have good healthy heartbeats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comment! I think this makes me about a week or so behind you!!! I still can't believe it - it is actually happening!!!

    ReplyDelete