Saturday, July 2, 2011

This past week. . .

I just got my meds in yesterday and I cannot believe what I have gotten myself into.  I don't start lupron injections until this next Wednesday.  The birth control pill is already making me moody and irritable, so can't imagine what I am going to be like in a few weeks!


We decided not to go anywhere for the Fourth, so I've been cleaning my house, shortening newly-installed blinds and touching up the paint on our new interior doors.  And I baked a delicious batch of chocolate chip cookies.  I have also been combing through blogs trying to find successful IVF stories at CCRM.  I still can't decide if blogging is good for me or not.  Because when I see an IVF that doesn't work, it makes me worry.

I went to a book reading by Ann Patchett for her new book State of Wonder.  It is about a group of scientists that travel down to the Amazon in do research a new fertililty drug.  It is total fiction, but I think it will be an interesting read.  I'll let you know if it is any good.
http://www.amazon.com/State-Wonder-Ann-Patchett/dp/0062049801

One other thing happened this past week.  I got attacked by chiggers.  For those of you who are not from the South, they are tiny red bugs that bite you and leave you itching for weeks!  The acute state is over, but I will have to be more careful about venturing in the woods around here.  I have 35 of these bites all over my torso and bikini line.   I look like I have the chicken pox.

And I'll just post one more picture of my furbaby - she is so sweet and quite the opportunist!

3 comments:

  1. Yikes those bites look itchy! And your fur baby is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF can definitely be overwhelming! Just take it one day at a time. And I think baking yummy cookies is an excellent way to treat yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. if you want to read a recent IVF success story for inspiration:
    http://iwant2bemom.blogspot.com/

    :)

    ReplyDelete